Thursday 10 December 2015

A SINGLE MAN'S PRAYER


You know what I'm about to do
God, tomorrow I ask her to be mine
But before I do, I make a request
Teach me how to pray



Teach me how to pray for her
For out of all the women You created
None appeals to me like she does
Teach me how to pray for her


Teach me how to talk to her
And how to listen
Teach me the words to speak
That my love for her may always be at its peak


Teach me to understand
Whenever she cancels a date
Teach me how to smile and make her smile
When life's trials bullies and forces through her gate


Teach me how to ask for forgiveness
Whenever I will wrong her
Teach me how to ask for help and advice
Whenever I'm stuck or about to make a move




Teach me how to be the best man to her
To be the best husband if in Your will, we get married
To our baby, teach me how to parent
Teach me how to be a father


Teach me to do this always
To put and cement my trust in You
God teach me to be a man
Teach me how to pray




POEM BY DAYAN MASINDE

No comments:

Post a Comment